INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS “1820. THE ILLUSION OF FREEDOM. REVOLUTIONARY LIBERALISM IN SPAIN AND AMERICA IN THE TWENTIES”
Las Cabezas de San Juan and Seville from 10 to 12 March 2020
Collaboration in the International Congress “1820. The Illusion of Freedom. Revolutionary Liberalism in Spain and America in the Twenties”, organised by the Pablo de Olavide University if Seville and the Jaume I de Castellón University.
The Thematic Tables will be the following:
1. The liberal revolution of 1820 in Spain, Portugal, Europe and Ibero-America.
2. The Ibero-American independences in the twenties.
3. Revolutionary women.
4. Image and the Revolution.
5. The press, literature and Revolution and Counterrevolution.
6. Armed forces: army, militia, military technology, war, recruitments and politicization.
7. The absolute and conservative counterrevolution.
8. The revolutionary forces: peasants, artisans, small bourgeois…
9. From the national to the social issue.
10. Colours of the revolution: Indians, blacks, mulattos and mestizos.