Royal Monastery Of Yuste, 14-16 July 2014
The main aim of the course is to analyze some of the major challenges confronting the European Union today. The conditions affecting the process of European integration following the entry into force of the Lisbon Treaty have been influenced by the protracted financial and economic crisis the leading global economies still find themselves in. Apart from purely internal factors, the EU´s position in the world has been reshaped by the convergence of new emerging actors on the international scene and by the tensions besetting the continent.
Directors: Dr. Juan Manuel Rodríguez Barrigón – Associate Professor of International Public Law, University of Extremadura –and Dr. Jorge UrbanejaCillán -Coordinator of the Graduate Law Degree, University of Extremadura.
– Dr. Cástor Miguel Díaz Barrado – Full Professor of International Public Law and International Relations at the King Juan Carlos University in Madrid. Director of the Center for Ibero-American Studies
– Dr. José Antonio Sanahuja– Associate Professor of International Relations at the Complutense University of Madrid
– Mr. Jesús María GamalloAller – Director-General of External Relations with the EU in the Galicia regional government
– Mr. Guillermo Martínez Suárez – Advisor to the President of the Asturias regional government
– Mrs. María de Diego Durántez – Director-General of Institutional Relations and External Actions in the Castile and León regional government
– Dr. Clemente Checa González – Full Professor of Financial and Tax Law at the University of Extremadura. Finance and Public AdministrationCounselor in the Extremadura regional government
– Dr. Manuel Jesús Morán Rosado – Lecturer in International Law, University of Extremadura
– Mr. Jesús Carmona Núñez – Chef de Cabinet of the President of the Committee of the Regions
– Mr. Enrique Barrasa Sánchez – Director-General for External Action in the Extremadura regional government. Director of the European Academy of Yuste Foundation
– Mr. Martín Guillermo Ramírez – Secretary-General of the Association of European Border Regions