YOUTH AND HUMAN RIGHTS ACTIVISM
The European and Ibero-American Academy of Yuste Foundation and the Extremaduran Agency for International Development Cooperation (AEXCID) are organising the project “YOUTH AND HUMAN RIGHTS ACTIVISM”.
The aim of this project is to develop critical thinking in order to foster activism in favour of human rights, which are currently threatened by social, political and economic crises. The recipients are young activists (between the ages of 18 and 30) and representatives of civil society organisations and social or environmental movements mobilised for the defence of human rights. It is also aimed at those people who want to know channels of participation in order to canalise their social demands for the construction of a sustainable, inclusive and supportive future.
The ultimate goal is to create a platform of encounter, support and connection that serves as an engine of change to mobilise public opinion.
The project consists of three phases:
- 1st Phase: a questionnaire that aims to collect information on the main issues, concerns and demands that mobilise youth. The deadline for receipt is 22 May.
- 2nd phase: Sessions: we will work on the results obtained through gamification games, participatory dynamics and design thinking. The thematic meetings will be in person, but they will also be streamed. Registration: https://bit.ly/3Iv8XNX
– Cáceres, 5 June. – Place: Espacio para la Creación Joven. 18:00 – 20:30 h.
– Plasencia, 6 June. – Place: Factoría Joven. 18:00 – 20:30 h.
– Badajoz, 7 June. – Place: Factoría Joven. 18:00 – 20:30 h.
- 3rd phase: Campus Yuste course “YOUTH AND HUMAN RIGHTS ACTIVISM”, to be held at the Monastery of San Jerónimo de Yuste from 18 to 20 July. As a final activity, a three-day course is proposed with the aim of weaving a network of collaboration among all project participants that serves as a loudspeaker to concentrate and reinforce the main demands of young activists.