YUSTE FOUNDATION HOSTS THE EXTREMADURAN AUTONOMIC COUNCIL OF FOUNDATIONS’ MEETING
In Mérida, on 6 November 2018
The European and Ibero-American Academy of Yuste Foundation hosted the encounter of the Extremaduran Autonomic Council of Foundations of the Spanish Association of Foundations (AEF). This encounter has become a forum where the challenges faced by civil society to create new action strategies to continue improving people’s lives have been analysed.
The Director of the European and Ibero-American Academy of Yuste Foundation, Juan Carlos Moreno Piñero; the Director-General of the Spanish Association of Foundations (AEF), Silverio Agea, and the President of the Extremaduran Autonomic Council of Foundations, Luis Acha Iturmendi, have participated in the opening session.
Digital transformation, social innovation, citizen involvement, transparency, collaboration and impact, are some of the great challenges faced by civil society that have been analysed in a session that also intended to strengthen the sector and enable an exchange of experiences among these non-profit organisations.
Initiatives, works and innovations of the AEF as of the foundational sector have been dealt with during the session. The meeting included Carmen García de Andrés’ speech entitled, “Collaboration Among Foundations and Businesses”, where she tackled the keys of this working technique, from the foundation’s point of view as well as the businesses’ in a participative meeting were all representatives had the chance to share knowledge, questions and doubts.
Since its creation on 2 February 2006, the Extremaduran Autonomic Council of Foundations of the AEF regularly meets in order to:
- Create foundation networks to work more efficiently taking advantage of synergies: coordinate, strengthen and give visibility to the sector.
- Represent the interests of the sector at the Autonomic Administrations of Extremadura.
- Provide closer services to the associated foundations.
Data of the foundational sector in Extremadura
- It comprises 144 foundations.
- The foundational sector in Extremadura employs 361 people, which represents 0,6% of employment in the Spanish foundational sector.
- The number of beneficiaries in the foundational sector of Extremadura is 207.874, which represents 0,5% of the Spanish beneficiaries.
- The gross value added of the Autonomous Community of Extremadura’s foundational sector is 73 million EUR, which represents 2,3% of the Spanish foundational sector’s GAV (3.089 million EUR). (Data from 2014).